2015: Another Successful Year
The Annual Audit for FY 2014 is now available on the Minutes/Reports Page. The FY2015 audit will commence in the near future. All last quarter financial reports will be posted soon.
The Call Log page is updated with the end-of-year stats. This past year was our busiest since we began tracking these type statistics. We ended the year with a total of 514 calls requiring a total of 1930 people hours with no missed calls. It should be noted that hours begin with call alert and terminate when assets are returned to the Department but, do not take into account recovery actions needed after the call is completed.
Take a minute and review all call stats on the Call Log page and see how our call volume has steadily increased over the past four years. Now, remember we are still a volunteer/part-time Department and we met the challenges head-on with much success. This was accomplished through sound leadership and management from the Commission through the Department Command Staff and ultimately the dedication of our Firefighters! 'Nuff said.
This coming year promises to be another busy year and, an important one as well. There is more change coming as our community continues to grow and demands increase. We, as always, will be completely transparent and forthcoming with details as they become available and, we will be seeking your input as needed.
Our 37thAnnual Awards Banquet was held on December 11th at Lyman Lake Lodge and was a very good time. Awardees are listed below:
- The Clara W. Edwards Achievement Award: Tony Patton. This award recognizes those members who have faithfully served the Department and community over a number years such as Mrs. Edwards did. Tony now serves the Department as Chaplain is currently attending the Chaplain School.
- Life Saving Award: Chief Blackwell presented two awards this year. First to Commission Chairman Lee Jeffcoat for his actions in reviving a non-breathing female and secondly to Commissioner Robby Golightly for reviving a non-breathing male. Talk about service to the community.
- Service Award: Certain milestones in a career earn special recognition. This year Chief Blackwell awarded Chairman Lee Jeffcoat his recognition pin for his faithful and dedicated service to the Department as Fire Chief (2004-2010).
- Chief's Award: Presented to Lt. Jeff Duncan for his outstanding leadership within the Department and extensive work in establishing the Chaplain Program. The presentation was made by Assistant Chief Ryan Jones.
- Training Award: Chief Blackwell presented this award to Fire Explorer Matt Jackson. Matt attended all training sessions throughout the year and will attend the ESA for further training.
HSFRD District Cookbook
On sale now!! Help support the many programs sponsored by the department and purchase our cookbook. Looking for gift ideas, here is one that should please most anyone and for only $8.00 per copy. For more details email Bonnie Fulton.
I'm sure it has been noticed that certain areas of this site are outdated. An update and some changes are on the way.