The Monthly Commissioner's Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 20th at 7:00 pm. The meeting agenda is available here.
Our 37thAnnual Awards Banquet was held on December 11th at Lyman Lake Lodge and was a very good time. Awardees are listed below:
- The Clara W. Edwards Achievement Award: Tony Patton. This award recognizes those members who have faithfully served the Department and community over a number years such as Mrs. Edwards did. Tony now serves the Department as Chaplain is currently attending the Chaplain School.
- Life Saving Award: Chief Blackwell presented two awards this year. First to Commission Chairman Lee Jeffcoat for his actions in reviving a non-breathing female and secondly to Commissioner Robby Golightly for reviving a non-breathing male. Talk about service to the community.
- Service Award: Certain milestones in a career earn special recognition. This year Chief Blackwell awarded Chairman Lee Jeffcoat his recognition pin for his faithful and dedicated service to the Department as Fire Chief (2004-2010).
- Chief's Award: Presented to Lt. Jeff Duncan for his outstanding leadership within the Department and extensive work in establishing the Chaplain Program. The presentation was made by Assistant Chief Ryan Jones.
- Training Award: Chief Blackwell presented this award to Fire Explorer Matt Jackson. Matt attended all training sessions throughout the year and will attend the ESA for further training.