Sorry For Delay - We're Updated !
My upgrading of equipment and transferring of files took longer than anticipated.
- WHEN: Thursday, Feb 12
- TIME: 1:00 - 5:30
- PLACE: Fire Department
- Walk-ins welcome OR call 1-800-733-2767 to make an appointment
2014 in Review
In addition to our busiest year of the last three, see below, the department and community enjoyed the usual amount of great events. Its these type of occasions that make us the strong department and close knit community that we are known for. Some highlights:
- 4thof July: Always a huge event and 2014 didn't disappoint. In addition to all other activities and fine food, the fireworks display was fantastic. Some of the contests put on/sponsored by Ms. Julie Jeffcoat, members of the Support Group and members of the Department raised sorely needed funds for the local Backpack Ministries. Well done folks.
- Another successful event was the fish fry again benefiting Backpack.
- The turnout for 'Halloween at the Church' was overwhelming.
- The annual Santa Cruz was most successful with more and more participation from the community.
- Changes in the Department included corrections to the budgetary process resulting in more positive controls and efficient management and the appointment of Lt Ryan Jones to Asst Fire Chief. Congrats!
- Congratulations to two former Fire Explorers: Michael Clementson for being accepted by the Citadel and Cody Hall who will begin Marine Recruit Training at Paris Island in September.
Below is an outline of your Departments performance data over the last three years.
|3 Year Totals||145||689||91||84||276||1286||4165|
*The spike up in fires is cause for concern. Please take some time to inspect your homes, buildings and exteriors for fire hazards.