HSVFD EARNS MAJOR ACHIEVEMENT !!!!!
Ever wonder just how effective your fire department is? Well, we can provide a definitive answer for you. We have been notified by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) that the recent vigorous inspection by this national organization resulted in a rating of 3/3X. What does that mean? Short answer: Of 48,855 departments inspected nationwide only 8% (approx 3850) achieve this high rating. AND, it is almost unheard of for a rural volunteer fire department to even come close to this rating.
What does this mean to individuals/families? ISO ratings are used by insurance companies in deciding coverage premiums. This new rating will/should drive down these costs. How did the department achieve this? Hard work and a plan. The plan was devised some 10 years ago, was stalled for a couple of years then picked up and enthusiastically executed. The work came as guidance and support from the Commission Board and the leadership of Chief Blackwell and Asst Chief Jones with the dedicated efforts of the officers and men/women of the department. These fine professionals have earned and deserve our thanks and gratitude. Well done folks!
Bar-B-Que Fundraiser - Another Huge Success !!
Once again, the good people of Holly Springs came forth in support of yet another good cause. With a turnout of over 250 people and after all expenses, our BBQ Fundraiser totalled $1768.00 for the HSBC Backpack Ministry. This will satisfy a large part of their annual operating budget but, more importantly, ensure the good works of this program continue. While it isn't possible to recognize everyone who helped with this event, some special recognition is appropriate:
- HSBC Youth Group - Volunteered their time to serve.
- Church Members - Volunteered to do whatever to help.
- The Tadpole Fish Camp - These fine folks ALWAYS supports this community in any way needed. Thinking about eating out...Give this establishment a try.
- Amazon.com - Donated the smoking chips and paper products. Again, this is an organization that has donated unselfishly to the Department. So, looking for a fantastic online shopping experience, give Amazon.com a look.
- Clayton's Printing - Its no secret that Bruce fully supports the Community, Church and this Department. He provided signage (as always) for this event. If you need any printing, design work or looking for items to promote your business...Check with Bruce first.
- Citizens of Holly Springs that answered our request for soft drinks...over 200 cans donated.
- Last but, not least - The Commissioners, Staff and Support Group of the Department. Always there; Always ready.
Cuties for a Cause Child Pageant - SUCCESS!!!
Thanks to all for the fantastic support given by the community for this worthy cause. Winners all. The kids were great and we raised approximately $1500.00. A heart felt thank you to the organizer of the event, Julie Jeffcoat and to all who contributed time and money to make this happen and to the cooks: Lee Jeffcoat, Jerry Jackson, Roger Hall and Darrell Golightly. In the interest of disclosure, NO department funds were used.